- Optimum dust extraction through patented Jetstream principle (air flowing out through an additional hole in the center of the sanding pad), abrasives last up to 30% longer.
- Random Orbit sanders (Or RO) have swiveling dust extraction hoods for unobstructed view of workpiece.
- Electronic speed control for constant speed under load.VS balancing for smooth running.
- StickFix (H&L) system for fast abrasives changing.
- Encapsulated bearing for long service life.
- Plug-it detachable power cord.
Click this link for Festool Sanders For Sale
Until the end of October they have sets of 170 titanium nitride coated brad point drill bits for $39! This is 1/2 price, or if you prefer, 50% off.
The set has 5 - 10 bits of each size: 1?16", 5?64", 3?32", 7?64", 1?8", 9?64",5?32", 11?64", 3?16", 13?64", 7?32", 15?64", 1?4", 17?64", 9?32", 5?16",21?64", 11?32" & 3?8"
The set is in a nice box, and it also includes a drill size gauge.
I'm not usually a sucker for TiN coated bits, because I've seen too many sets at Harbor Freight where the manufacturer obviously coats the bits that have the worse edges in order to hide their sins. What a scam! They take their scraps and put 50 cents of electroplating on them and charge a premium! Anyway, TiN coatings help to reduce heat on the cutting edge for increased bit life, and this Woodcraft set looks very nice.
They also have a set of standard metal-drilling bits at half price. Take a look at these sets at Woodcraft.com
Sale ends October 30th.Don't ask me why it's not through the 31st.
The Festool CARVEX PS 400 is a cordless, battery operated saber saw.
As a woodworker Shopsmith stands out as a great supplier of tools, but H. Gerstner & Sons is the pinnacle of craftsmanship. They've made machinist's tool chest from wood since 1906! I've been shopping for them for some time, and like this blog I've started a blog to make it easy for me to store my refined eBay search links and other data that I've collected over the years. Some of the links on the blog will lead to tool chests from resellers like Woodcraft and Amazon, and other links will be to tool chest plans and parts.
Drop by http://gerstner-tool-chest-hunter.blogspot.com and check it out.
The Domino joiner, with its revolutionary cutting method, simple indexing features and adjustable mortise sizing, makes flawless mortises every single time. The Domino tenon is equally as impressive – it’s 100% rotation proof and far stronger than either biscuits or dowels. It also has a large gluing surface area for extra strength.
Domino tenons come in five sizes, one perfect for almost any application. The system works on everything from face frames and workpieces as small as 1” x 5/8”, to large projects and heavy furniture.
Click for Festool Domino Joiners For Sale
One of the most unique features of the Systainer is that they can be stacked and latched together using their patented two-position catch. This allows you to carry a stack of tools in one hand, or to clip them on top of the Festool Dust Extractor. There’s even a neat cabinet where you can store your Systainers (and the tools they contain) for easy access in your shop.
The Festool MFT Multifunction Tables are strong, sturdy, portable worktables for making clean, sharp cuts and precise angles. They enable a Festool plunge saw to function as a chop saw, radial arm saw, and miter box. When used with the Festool router and Festool saws, exact repeat operations are performed with ease.
The MFT Tables feature:
- HUGE support area for safe and accurate processing of large and small workpieces.
- Quick and easy setup, breakdown and transport thanks to sturdy foldaway legs.
- Height-adjustable guide rail, lowers onto the workpiece for safe and dead-on accurate sawing of small and narrow workpieces.
- Angle stop can be used in any position on the table. This means whether you’re trimming an end or cutting the center, your work is fully supported.
- Many clamping accessories are available for secure work hold-down.
- Length stop accessory for registering repeat cuts in production applications.
Festool Dust Extractors can feature:
- Let’s start with the coolest features: They have a large flat area on top for tools or for Systainer stacking.
- They have a tool-triggered on-off switch with smooth start-up and shut-off delay whenever you start your tool. They also have a manual on-off switch.
- Tank capacities from 2.91 gal. (11 L) to 8.7 gal. (33 L)
- HEPA filters filter down to 0.3 micron, and they have replaceable filter bags.
- Larger wheels provide stability and ease of movement.
- Locking brake on rear wheels means no accidental movement of the dust extractor.
- Wet and dry extraction with no complicated conversion.
- Integrated cleaning device (scratcher) cleans the filter in the blink of an eye.
- Standard antistatic equipment protects against electrostatic charging.
- And there’s even a blower port for all your "Blower Port" needs.
- Planer head is mounted on one side for unlimited rebate depth and planing up to the edge- Single spiral carbide blade requires no adjustment of cutting circle diameter and planer head- The fastest blade change - takes only 60 seconds
- Long plate at front and rear
- Lockable planing depth adjuster
- V-groove in shoe for corner beveling
- Pivoted chip deflector and dust extraction port mounts on left or right side
- Electronics with 3 control and monitoring functions: controlled smooth start-up, constant speed under load, and temperature-triggered overload protection.
In a Fine Woodworking Magazine comparison of "The eight best power planers" Editor Andy Beasley said:
If I had to choose a favorite "On a typical project, planers are put through a wide variety of applications - from rough framing to intricate woodworking. No one tool can do everything perfectly, thus no planer can be singled out as the best. But if I had to reveal my overall favorite, I’d have to go with the Festool HL 850 E. Although out of my price range, this planer excelled at trim work and sported the best depth-adjustment knob, safety features, and overall design of the bunch."
Source: Fine Homebuilding, September 2003, No. 157, Page 70-75
Click this link for Festool Planers For Sale
For example, the C12 is compact, remarkably light and offers all the power, control, torque, and features you need for demanding jobs. It's the lightest 12v on the market and the first cordless drill with a brushless motor! How would you like to lift a pound less each time you drill or drive without sacrificing any power? That's 200 fewer pounds in a typical day.
- High power batteries with smart charger for long service life
- New motor design allows short drill head for compactness
- EC-TEC motor without carbon brushes produces virtually no mechanical wear
- Stepless electronic speed control for work in any material
- Softgrip for comfort on long jobs- Good center of gravity for long jobs
- On-board magnetic bit holder
- Takes Centrotec and FastFix chucks
- The spring contacts are cleaned automatically every time the battery pack is slotted into position
Click this link for Festool Routers For Sale
You can be the first to know if something new is added to this blog (Or any other site of interest for that matter). Visit http://www.watchthatpage.com/ and sign up for a free account. You can then add any url to your personal list and you'll be emailed should anything change. I've used this site for several years to keep track of changes on one of my favorite sites: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/ which is a site that rarely changes. Test it out with our blog and you'll be the first to know if anything changes!
Festool is a German manufacturer of innovative power tools, air tools, tool accessories and consumables. Festool offers portable tools for professional tradesmen in woodworking, carpentry, furniture making, cabinet making, flooring, boat building, painting, solid surface and automotive. Products include plunge router, router bits, dust extractor, circular saw, jigsaw, jig saw, saber saw, saw blades, cordless drill, drill driver, planer, hand planer, sanding tools like random orbit sander and orbital sander, abrasives. All tools come in Systainer cases, which latch together and form a unique packaging system.
Festool tools are sold by companies like Rockler, Woodcraft, McFeeleys and a ton of local distributors. Festool controls the selling cost of their items; so much so that a retailer can lose their distribution rights if they are caught selling the tools at a discount off the list price.
Festool uses in commerce the following names and sells tools in the following catagories: Festool USA, Festool, Festo, tools, power tool, powertool, power tools, powertools, portable power tools, portable powertools, Festool tools, Festo tools, Festool power tools, Festo power tools, Festools, air tools, circular saw, woodworking tools, portable power tools, random orbit sander, cordless drill, dust extractor, dust extraction, woodworking, tools for woodworking, tools, plunge router, jigsaw, drill driver, planer, hand planer, orbital sander, guided circular saw system, saber saw, pneumatic tools, electric tools, cabinetmaking tools, carpentry tools, flooring tools, sanding tools, abrasives, power hand tools, boat building tools, workshop tools.